4.28.2008

Bellissima Vita and Sarah Drake Design Collaboration

For those of you unfamiliar with the beautiful letterpress design of Sarah Drake I urge you to check out her site. She designed my wedding invites. I of course chose the Park Lane Invite (see picture below).




When she asked me to design a tablescape around the Park Lane invite to showcase her new line of couture wedding papers including place cards I jumped at this amazing opportunity. I turned to my friend and amazing photographer James from Photography by Lisa + James to memorialize this tablescape.

I was going for a crisp modern green and white theme to compliment Sarah's grass design. I wanted to use wheat grass but in a different way. The wheat grass acted as the place card holder.


I wanted each floral arrangement to match the slipcover I had made so I consulted with Karen from Huckleberry Karen Designs. I had to have the green and white parrot tulips and the ornamental kale. She did such a beautiful putting together these arrangements.




I made slipcovers for the vases in some of the most amazing green silks and crisp white Irish linens.








Stacey Shapiro did the calligraphy and I have to say it was by far the most beautiful calligraphy I have ever seen. Here are some more samples.
I was one of five wedding professionals to design a look for Sarah. Check out the other four at Sarah's blog.

4 comments:

ljlkc said...

Stunning! You have such amazing taste.

Reichel Broussard said...

You put the rest to shame. Perfectly modern & elegant. Love it!

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful table! Very chic, modern and fresh. Great collaboration. I know who to call when it's time to shoot my cards. :-)

Anonymous said...

I agree that green and white are so simple and elegant! Beautiful table!